i had my tubes tied. last month my period was 3weeks late, when it came it was light and lasted 2days. my period is late by 2 weeks, and shown signs of being pregnant. could i be if my tubes are tied? has anyone got pregnant with their tubes tied?

kristyof2

Asked by kristyof2 at 7:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Did your doctor tell you that your period might get messed up? I am not familiar with tied tubes. I bet someone here will have an answer, though. My suggestion would be to follow up with the doctor that performed the surgery. Maybe someone here will have another insight.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 7:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yes, it is possibly to get pregnant with your tubes tied. Although, the percentage is really like...something like 3% chance. I had a friend who had her tubes tied and 10yrs later she was pregnant. What a surprise for sure! The chances of that happening are slim to none but it does happen. You have a greater risk of tubal pregnancies so you need to watch for any signs of pregnancy or unusual pelvic pain.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my cousin had twins after having her tubes tied not sure what that'd mean to you
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had my tubes tied 6 months ago and i was have to same problems i looked in to it and found some info on p.p.t.l.s i wrote a jornal about it please look in to it and see if this helps you
    stayathomemama3

Answer by stayathomemama3 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009