Bush's plates???

This is just down right a slap in the face once again from the Bush's!! While the rest of us suffer and stress about how we are going to feed our kids and not know if we will have a job they are spending 485 thousand on plates???????? What do you think of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Plates like the commemorative ones they sell or license plates? Obama has them too. I am more concerned with the fact Obama is looking to spend what 800 BILLION before he even gets comfortable in his desk>? yeah that pisses me off alot more.
    Anonymous

• Actually, The White House Historical Association Acquisition Trust, a nonprofit group, paid $492,798 for 320 14-piece place settings...

You might want to check your facts, "they" didn't spend it, a nonprofi group DID. And if they have the money to do it and it stimulates the economy.. Good on 'em!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I think this question was posted yesterday and discussed already.

The Bush's never purchased china when they first moved in...they were using the set left by the Clintons. As another person pointed out, it takes quite awhile for an order the size they'd need to process, and most likely, this set has been in the works for a year or more. This isn't paid for by taxpayer funds either.

Do you plan to complain this much about the Obamas and their use of non-taxpayer money? I think there's probably more pressing news in the world, but I could be wrong I guess.
    Anonymous

• No one seemed to balk at Bill Clinton holding up an entire AIRPORT (no flights in or out) to get his $300 haircut from some exclusive stylist (15 years ago), or all the STUFF they STOLE from their living quarters when they left the White House!!!

And if my facts are wrong, then they're no more erroneous than your claim about the Bush's china!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Since we didn't pay for it I guess we have nothing to complain about. On the otherhand, the tax dollars going in and out of the federal treasury are our business and we would be better served keeping an eye on that. Especially since Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have stacks of bills to get signed sealed and delivered by Obama. Now there is an issue worth worrying about. Trillions of dollars already spent and not even in office yet.
    Anonymous

• Now there is an issue worth worrying about. Trillions of dollars already spent and not even in office yet.

Anon, better be careful. Cafemoms don't like it when anyone speak negatively of Obama, especially when he isn't in office yet. He is "untouchable"
    Anonymous

• Very true ANONS above! I know SOME people are STILL whining about Palin's ERRONEOUS $150,000 shopping spree! ::sigh::

Even if it WERE true...let's see.....$8 TRILLION+ dollars or $150 THOUSAND dollars....whatever!
    Anonymous

• WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• Jealous much? I'm sorry your poor but if they want to buy china, they can buy china. And as someone already pointed out, they didn't pay for them anyway. So suck on that. The white house has a whole china room. I believe all presidents buy china. Stop being a friggin moron just cause your economy sucks.
    Anonymous

• A truly astonishing set, worth every penny. They made a great choice, but I liked Nancy Reagan's better.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009