All I can find in the way of chicken has been adulterated with an injection of water fat and salt. I have hypertension and hyperlipidema and wish to avoid salt and extra fat. Is there any way to get the salt out of the chicken?

uriahheep

Asked by uriahheep at 5:24 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Raise your own. Just kidding. I always soak my chicken overnight before cooking it because it draws out all the blood and "gunk". Maybe that would help your issue. It's worth a try.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• An upscale market, such as Whole foods will have organic nothing added chicken. It's $$$$ bank, but it's out there.
    thethrashersmom

Answer by thethrashersmom at 6:47 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• yep, buy organic, or raise your own.....I strongly suggest buying organic as raising your own chickens for slaughter will put you off chicken for life. It's messy and dirty.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yeah I was gonna suggest organic, all natural chicken. You can sometimes find it at Super Target or hit up Fresh Market or Whole Foods. More and more supermarkets are carrying organic and all natural now because they know we want it. If they don't have it, ask the market to start carrying it!
    antkritden

Answer by antkritden at 5:02 PM on Jul. 23, 2008