Is there any other programs other than W.I.C. that helps with formula?

My sister in law is having a baby in June. My brother just got sent to Iraq for 8 months and will not be home when she has the baby. She applied for W.I.C. and they sais she makes 10 dollars a week too much to qualify for their program. Is there any other programs that help with the cost/or provide formula to women? If anyone has any ideas that would really help me out alot. Thanks so much!!
Carrie

carrie_cady

Asked by carrie_cady at 7:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your boobs
    Anonymous

• Once the baby is actually born they will up his pay a bit. Maybe that will help enough.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 7:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• breast is best... try breast feeding...
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Answered at 6:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 by: MizAnn
    Once the baby is actually born they will up his pay a bit. Maybe that will help enough.

What?? when did this start? i have 2 kids, one born this year,one born last year, and i have yet to see any extra money in his paycheck! to the OP- sorry, i don't know. she can always try parents choice from wal-mart if she doesn't want to breastfeed. they're way cheaper than the name brand ones.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Breastfeeding if 100% free of charge. No one else helps out with expenses. Her options are breastfeeding or working a few hours less a week.

Answer by gemgem at 7:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Breastfeed breastfeed breastfeed! There shouldn't even be a question as to how baby will be fed. If she is worried about not having enough to pay for formula now wait until the extra costs you don't foresee are put on top of everything. When you have no other choice, you have no other choice it is the best thing mama can do for herself and baby so it truly is win win!

Anonymous

• I believe the question was is there any other programs other than w.i.c that help out with formula? RIGHT? not please bash me or my family members for not wanting to breast feeding. Anyways the anwser to your question, She can try applying for foodstamps! That will but formula. Or she can wait til the babys born and see if the extra person added on helps any... Good luck
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• OMG!!! ENOUGH WITH THE BREST FEEDING!!!!! Obviously, that's NOT what she's doing....other wise they wouldn't be asking about FORMULA!!!!!! Check with insurance. My husband's insurance pays for it, all we have is a co-pay. We called Medco, and they required her pediatritian fax a prescription. Now, for LESS than the price of 3 cans at Wal-mart, we are getting 3 months worth of formula...and they're bigger cans. Goodluck darlin'! You all can start the formula bashing hate mail now...
    Lillysmomma1024

Answer by Lillysmomma1024 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• What is wrong with you ladies? She asked about formula! BF is NOT right for everyone in every situation! Let people do what they feel is right, geez.

Try again like a PP said and see if having another person helps. Try for food stamps. A lot of companies will give you coupons. I know Enfamil gave me $5 off coupons for example. Parent's Choice, my WIC nurse told me, is almost exactly like Similac. Lot cheaper too.

Things will work out, don't worry.
    rosewolfkin

Answer by rosewolfkin at 12:40 AM on Jan. 8, 2009