rice cereal

anyone have any probs with baby eating rice cereal. She had it for the first time and it was the worst nite ever. She cried, didn't sleep and is still unhappy.
could she be alllergic?

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 7:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One tablespoon may be way to much... even though it doesn't seem like it! I only put a quarter of a teaspoon in 4 oz of formula. When that doesn't satisfy my baby anymore I plan to move her up to half a teaspoon. Try putting less cereal and see if that helps. Good luck!
    EMTcassie

Answer by EMTcassie at 8:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• if she was allergic i think there would be physical signs. like a rash or something. did you make it thin enough? she could have a tummy ache.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• How old is she? How much did you give her? Rice cereal is very constipating. Also, very young children's intestines aren't developed enough to digest solid food, so that could be a factor also.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• She is 4.5 months old. Doc said to start getting her used to it. She has only been breastfed up to this point. I put maybe a tablespoon in 4 oz. of milk. very runny
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It could be a coincidence and shes just sick with a tummy ache or coming down with something. Try giving it to her again and see what happens. I doubt its an allergy.

Answer by gemgem at 7:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009