caffine and ttc????

Does anyone know about the effects of caffine and ttc? I don't smoke or drink i take fertilty vitamans and prenatals the only thing i can't seem to cut out is sweet tea. Is it ok that i drink it does it effect with ttc?

zimmtobe

Asked by zimmtobe at 7:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• im pregnant and i personally dont drink anything with caffiene... but my friend is 6 months preggo and she drinks an ice mocha everyday. my mom, who has had 4 of us kids, she drank sweet tea everyday of her pregnancies with all of us and she still does to this day, and we all turned out fine. lol

i would say, to just try to drink 1-2 glasses or cups a day. make sure you drink water and juices as well.. cause all sweet tea of course isnt good if your trying to conceieve.
    Midwest_Mommy

Answer by Midwest_Mommy at 7:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You should be fine. Even when youre pregnant its ok to have caffeine. My dr always said caffeine wasnt an issue unless youre totally overdoing it like 20 cups of coffee a day or something.
    Anonymous

• You are probably fine. I just kicked the caffeine habit. I still drink tea but I buy decaf.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• ive been trying to quit drinking pop when i started ttc. i drink orange juice and faygo everyday.
    when you to the doctor they tell you not to drink caffine when your pregnant, so if you stop now it will be easier when you do get pregnant.hope it works out!
    Wytegirl

Answer by Wytegirl at 10:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I drank diet coke (at least a 6pk) every day before and during both my pregnancies and my kids both came out healthy! Every doctor is different in what they will or wont let you have. I was not an alcoholic, but before I knew I was pregnant, both times, I had gone out and had a few with my husband and it didn't affect my concieving. I was also smoking before I knew I was pregnant and concieved. I think if you stress too much about "doing everything perfect" and not just relaxing, you will hurt your chances. I say just relax and it will happen.
    this is just my opinion cause I am in no way a doctor (my family is full of doctors and nurses). you do what you and your doctor think is best. i just wanted you to know what I did and how it turned out for me
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am a diet Mountain Dew addict!!! I always have one with me! I have had two healthy children. I just can't seem to kick the "Dew" habit... turnesd out fine for me.
    crowfam4

Answer by crowfam4 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Generally they say that caffeine for a woman is bad but for a man is good while TTC. However, I am a soda addict and have never been able to kick the habit and have been pregnant 4 times now.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:05 PM on Jan. 8, 2009