I am 3 1/2 cm and not having any contractions what is going on?

I am not having any contractions i am 3 1/2 cm I just find it odd that i am not contracting is that normal

collegequtiemom

Asked by collegequtiemom at 7:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol your fine!! The baby is just not ready yet! I was 6 1-2 cm and didn't know it . I had no pain at all .. Good luck
    adriannasmom567

Answer by adriannasmom567 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You probably are and dont realize it. Does you stomach ever get hard? Thats a contraction. They dont always hurt but your body is working which is why you are dilating.

Answer by gemgem at 7:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was dialated to 3 for three weeks with my first before my water broke. Still didn't have contractions for 30 after. How far along are you?
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 7:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yeah I was dilated to 3 - 4 for about 2 weeks. I was induced at 40 weeks 3 days. Just hold on dude, you'll have your baby before you know it.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was 3 cm for 2 weeks and had to be induced. totally normal
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Mom it is normal, dont worry you will go in labor when your body and baby are ready
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When I was dialated at 7 I wasn't having contractions (although I was having TERRIBLE back labor) - you're fine .. it will happen sooner than you know
    InfectiousSmile

Answer by InfectiousSmile at 1:59 AM on Jan. 8, 2009