HELP PLEASE

ok i started my baby on sweet potatos and bananas when she was 5 months and it constapated her so i stopped and now she is 6 months and 1 week and i have for the past 5 days been giving her green beans and apple sauce and shes constapated again she doesnt drink juice just cereal and breastmilk and she been on cereal since she was like 3 months so i know its not that what do i do judt not give her baby food i dont know what to do i dont wanna keep giving it to her if its gonna do thta so what do i do please anybody help!!

the_shy_one

Asked by the_shy_one at 7:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, start with remembering that food at that age is more for practice than anything else, and that she is getting everything she needs from your breast milk.

I myself give Kaylee 4oz of apple juice a day (mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with water) and have no constipation problems.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 7:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• She doesn't need the baby food anyway...you can wait until she's older and just start table foods. But remember, she should still have only one new food at a time.....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Well the bananas probably constipated her as did the green beans since they have iron in them. I would give her juice like the pp suggested and then the next week start her on apple sauce or pears. The combination will loosen her up.

Answer by gemgem at 7:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I agree with PP. apple juice mixed 50/50 with water is a great idea.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 7:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Sense you are giving her food try prunes! good luck!
    ashlee31627

Answer by ashlee31627 at 8:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• try prunes they make them for stage 1 baby food, I always used uber diluted apples juice
    becky757

Answer by becky757 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Peel and cut up some bosc pears from the store, put them in a saucepan and cook for 5-6 minutes. No need to add water, pears are very watery. Once they are cooked, place them in your blender or food processor and there ya go! No more constipation. Helps my 6 month old:) I make all her babyfood- I dont know if that makes a difference or not.
    danahj79

Answer by danahj79 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009