Do you want to study again? Why?

I finished 2 courses and thinking of studying again, from computers to real eastate to physical therapy. But my baby is still 9mos, my hubby has to work, and I have to work in June too, I dunno if I can still do this with my already hectic schedule but I just want to know if other moms feel the same way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am in college and graduate in about 12 weeks. Its been a very rewarding experience for me. I made time to do it. I have 5 kids and my husband works full time. It was worth the effort though because now I will be graduating and able to get a job in a field I love. I absolutely love reading, learning and furthering my education.

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I would study 24/7 if I could. Right now there just isn't time, but when my girls go to school, I'm going to go back to school and learn everything. I just love taking courses, I don't care if its underwater basket weaving. I just want to learn!
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I also am a full time college student. You have to make it a priority if you want to do it. It is definately not easy when you have a family (a full time job in itself!), let alone a job. But if you set your mind to it you can do it. Just start small.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I do, I am a third semester RN student with 3 children, 3 jobs and yes hubby DID work fulltime too until a few months ago....If you want something bad enough, you will make time
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am going to be going back to school to work on my Ph.d and I am doing it for me. For the satisfaction of achieving the that goal. To prove to myself that I can do it. It will also have the added benefit of bringing in more financial security into my house and family. It will also show my son, who will be in school himself, that mom is dedicated to her education and that is something that is important as a family value. I don't want to put pressure on him that it is necessary for higher education, just setting an example that it is something I personally loved. It will be hard. No doubt. I am sure I will have tears, anger, frustration - and then there will be the final reward! That will make it all worth it. I just have to keep my sanity in the process.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i am returning 2 college this semester :) i'm changing careers. i currently own my business it was a personal goal, i achieved it and proved i can do it and am looking forward to a career helping others with benfits and saturdays off! i haven't been n college 4 5 years and they have made it much more convienant with just about every class i need to take available online! i definitely go, i never wanna die wondering what if!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 10:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If you want to accomplish it you will. I will finish graduate school in May. I have worked full time and attended college full time for 6 years now. I have 4 children and a husband. It has not been easy, but I will tell you I wouldn't change a thing. I have never been more proud of myself.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 8, 2009