• In the Spotlight:

mirena?

does anyone out there use this and how do they feel about it.... imlooking into it for after this pregnany since i cant be on the pill.

kahmommy

Asked by kahmommy at 7:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my sister has it and she loves it lol i had my tubes tied so i dont know about it i know you dont have periods for 5 years i think
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't have Mirena, I have paraguard (no hormones, but same thing otherwise), and I love it. My best friend has the mirena, and she loves hers.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have the Mirena and my periods are regular. I had it inserted 6 weeks post-partum from a natural delivery so it was a little uncomfortable because all the bruising and internal damage wasn't healed. After they inserted it, I bleed...A LOT! It looked like someone was murdered and NO ONE told me to bring pads or anything so be sure you buy some if you don't have any left over from your post-partum bleeding.

It makes you kinda crampy for a couple days but after that you're good to go! I had to go back two weeks later and get the wires trimmed but its no more uncomfortable than a pap smear.

My husband can't feel it and my periods are light and on time.
    ReadyForEthan61

Answer by ReadyForEthan61 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• thanks for the info ladies because I was looking for a new method of Birth Control after I have my baby too.
    Princessstar024

Answer by Princessstar024 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It's good, except I've been spotting since it went in 3 months ago, so that kind of drives me nuts. That would be the ONLY complaint I have.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2009