lol - has you ever done this?

I put a green face mask on. My mom was holding my baby in the other room. I haven't worn one since I was pregnant. So I come out of the bathroom and its not too bright so I'm talking to my mom and the baby no problem. Then I moved my face into the baby playing with her and she let out this bloody murder scream I have never heard before. My mom picked her up and comforted her as I ran to the bathroom to take it off. She is fine now. Has this ever happened to any one of you that you accidently terrified your baby? And also, do you think she might get a nightmare from it ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, anything unfamiliar like that used to scare my kids. Now I laugh about it, but at the time I felt sooooo bad.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 7:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• lol... yes, I did. For Halloween I dressed as a witch when my 10 yo was 2. The makeup was pretty impressive, if I do say so myself, and he wouldn't come near me. I had to take it off to go trick-or-treating!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 7:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I didn't , but when my nieces were toddlers, my brother shaved his beard off......um..similar reaction to what you described....but a LOT harder for HIM to calm them. LOL

He had to sing to them...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009