Has anyone ever used those upside-down hanging containers for tomatoes?

I am looking through the garden catalogs already and I wondered if those containers really work? It looks like planting veggies in them would be so much easier to harvest than the normal ground planting...

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 8:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• What you got to lose. Try it. My mom raised veggies in 5 gal. buckets and it worked. So give it a try.
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 8:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It's called hydroponics. Works great on, well, let's just say a variety of produce, so if you google it, be sure to look up "hydroponic tomotoes" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jan. 9, 2009

• We didn't Buy A Kit We did it ourselves! We took A Hanging Basket & Cut A Hole open big enough to get A Plant in it & just hung it upside down!! We always Figure A way to do & make many Things ourselves!! We grew it on our deck! It worked Fine! Nothing great of Fancy!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 11:36 AM on Jan. 9, 2009