baby shower etiquette

I would like to use colors that are more grown and maybe suit me more .. but if we have a son can I still use pink for the baby shower or purples? or will people assume its a girl? what's the proper etiquette on that?

glossyblack

Asked by glossyblack at 8:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i am having my second and last. he is a boy like my son. so iam doing pale blue and daisies... (blue 4 him and daisies for me.....) do whatever you want, just have good food!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• If you're not sure if it's a boy or girl...then go with pale yellows or greens.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm not sure there is a particular etiquette so to speak...and it should be something you like not necessarily what people think you should have. I don't see the issue with pinks or purples at the shower. Perhaps as long as you make it clear it's a boy in your invitations and make/buy an "it's a boy" banner to have at the shower? If you have a print shop thing, you can make very nice invites and other things and that way you can make it clear of the sex of your baby and use whatever colors you want. It's fun to be different.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't see any problem with it as long as everyone knows its a boy, and as long as it's on the invite that it's a boy, I don't think they're going to get you pink stuff for a girl, ya know?
    cass_pick

Answer by cass_pick at 8:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009