How did you "know" you were ready to have another baby?

One day I think I would love to have another really soon, and the next day it terrifies me to no end. Yet, when I see my pregnant friends now I feel insanely jealous, whereas, a month ago when a friend got pregnant I just felt happy that I wasn't going through all that again yet! Is there ever really a "right" time? I know I want more... and I want Katie to be close to her sibling...so how can you tell when it really is a bad time and when you are just inventing road blocks?

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i didn't "know" i was ready ever! the birth controll failed four times in a row! i finally had to get my tubes tied to make sure i wouldn't get pregnant again
    there is no "right" time. how old is your first? i think about two yrs apart is a good distance, not too close together, and not so far apart that they'll have no common interests
    if you want it and can afford it (physically, mentally, emotionally, and financially) then go for it!
    good luck, momma
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 8:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I feel the same way! I for me dont feel that there is a right time, if its going to happen it will happen..My daughter is at an age where she is very independant and I dont need to lug around this and that for her, she is potty trained and can feed herself etc, why would I want to have another and have another 4 yrs of my life tied down, I finally got my life back so to speak...but on the other hand I love children, I am still young and another 4 years will fly by and you will have another baby to love etc...I go back and forth with it everyday...but again if its going to happen it will and that is how it was meant to be...
    Anonymous

• I saw my husband hold my friends newborn, saw the look he had and I knew.
    ShootingStar82

Answer by ShootingStar82 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i want my daughter to be close to her sibling so i want another one for her. for me not sure. i sometimes like you really feel want one. i have a new hubby that has no kids and would like to experience it with him. my other kids are 17 and 14 and my youngest is almost 3 in may. so she needs a friend her closer to her age. i want to get prego in feb so i can have an october baby when i was born. so i stopped my BC and hope it does happen in feb. i haven't told my husband so that he will be more surprised when i tell him the news. i know he is way ready.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009