• In the Spotlight:

HAving a second baby shower?

K I am pregnant with our sencond baby which is a boy. We have an 18 month old little girl. I am getting mixed reactions on having a second baby shower. I dont want one for the big items but I was thinking for clothes and boy things. Any input ??? I don't know what to do. I am looking at it as it is not for me but for the baby am I right.

newmommy61207

Asked by newmommy61207 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it is a different sex child ( like yours) I see no problem with a second shower. My two were both boys, so i just used hand me downs, from my first son. My family did give me a small shower. It was a casserole shower. Everyone brought a casserole that I could freeze and reheat later. That is a great idea, also.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. I think each child regardless of their sex are very special. All of them should get to have an arrival party! I am going to have another one... I hope anyhow ! good luck
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Apparently, it is the "old" tradition to have one shower and that's it. A lot of people still go by this rule of thumb, however it is an emerging trend to have as many showers as you want. My friend put it best..it's not about getting free stuff it's about having a celebration for your new child. I think since there are so many different views, you should have another shower if you want... you just shouldn't get offended if some people opt not to come. (personally, the generally end up buying you a little something anyway...so what's the big deal? Free food!)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I personally don't agree w second baby showers...I have three, pregnant with fourth. I always take a friend a gift when they have a new baby!
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 8:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I myself am going to have a second baby shower, but then again My First born and only child is six will be seven when this baby is born.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 8:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009