3 Mth old : MILD cough

My three month old baby boy has had a few coughs here and there today. He hasn't run a fever but he sounds pretty congested. He's also extra sleepy and looks a little flushed. He's still in a great mood, however.

I called the ER (because the Dr's office is closed) and they said if he wasn't running a fever there really isn't anything to be alarmed about.

Any advice? I know there isn't any medicine I can give him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 2 1/2 month old has the same, mild cough, no fever, stuffy nose. I turned on the humidifer and used some saline drops for her nose. She's fine, don't worry he'll be fine, you really only need to worry if he gets a high fever.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 8:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• get vick s baby rub works great!
    shreveskids

Answer by shreveskids at 8:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Hello there. My name is Barbara. I am a mother of four. I so well remember those days when my children were babies. Truly, if there is no fever, you can relax. The humidifer works wonders. Most importantly, if this continues I would seriously look into switching to safer, greener healthier home cleaning products. The products most people purchase at their local supermarkets have toxic chemicals - hense, everyone is going green today. I live in New York and we are the first state where every school district in the whole state had to get rid of those toxic chemicals that our children are exposed to during school and replace with a green non toxic product because these chemicals are being linked to the increase in ADD, ADHD, Cancer, Asthma ec... If you have any interest, e-mail me @ duoandduoR4@aol.com and I will provide you with some very helpful information. Sincerely,
    Barbara D.
    bd325

Answer by bd325 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009