Newborn Rectal Bleeding

My 3 month old son had a BM yesterday morning. When I wiped him, I noticed a spot or two of blood and thought maybe he just strained a little too much. A couple hours later when I changed him after his nap, there was still a little bit of bleeding. I called the Pediatric ward of the hospital and they said it could be some internal tearing but nothing to worry about. (Sounds scary to me! I made him a Dr's appointment for tomorrow!) Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Was the stool hard, or firm...if so that could cause what you are talking about...you did good mom, get baby checked out.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009