Movie recommendations?

My birthday was today, so on Sunday my SO is taking me out for dinner and a movie, but i can't decide which movie i want to see, I'm thinking about one of the following...Bedtime Stories, Bride Wars, Marley & Me, or Yes Man, but feel free to make other suggestions, the only thing i don't like is scary movies lol I'm a chicken :-P

Rachel1786

Asked by Rachel1786 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Entertainment

• Happy Birthday : ) I saw Bed Time Stories and thought it was really cute. The previews for Bride Wars and Yes Man looked really funny. I hear Marley & Me has a sad ending. What ever you choose have a great Birthday Dinner and Movie : )
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My husband and I saw "The Curious case of Benjamin Button." Both my husband and I loved it. It was extremely charming and their were some really candid scene in the movie. It does make you think about mortality a lot though. You might want to see something lighter for an anniversary, lol. I red Marley and Me when I was six months pregnant and my husband was deployed and that book made me damn near go into convulsions from crying so hard, lol. I hope the movie wasn't as heart wrenching. I think Bride Wars looks hilarious. Even my husband wants to see it.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 8:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• that new clint eastwood releases everywhere on sunday. it's lokks really good. cant wait to see it but you its clint eastwood you know it gonna be good
    carolinagirl820

Answer by carolinagirl820 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My sister and I saw Yes Man this weekend and it is funny! I think it is one of Jim Carrey's best yet.
    loflingirl

Answer by loflingirl at 9:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i just saw marley and me and yeah it does have a sad ending but its a really good movie
    DaraMichelle

Answer by DaraMichelle at 2:35 PM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I guess it depends on what kind of mood you want to set for when you leave the theater! lol
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttons is an excellent movie. Thoughtful, a bit sad, but very well told and it has some parts that will make you belly laugh.

Marley & Me is a bit sad, particularly at the end. I guess Hollywood is finished with the whole "happy ending" phase, eh? lol Still, it's a good story.

Bride Wars looks like good, lighthearted fun. I haven't seen it, but I'm thinking of taking my daughter this weekend.

Yes Man also looks like a good, lighthearted choice...no tearing emotions or anything of that sort!

Bedtime Stories is cute, but maybe not "adult" enough when you're going on a date?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:36 PM on Jan. 8, 2009