My 2yr old won't eat unless he's distracted..

The only way i can feed my 2yr old is if i put something in front of him to play with. it works most of the time but i don't want him getting too used to it. any suggestions on how i can have him eat without having to play with any toys?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 8:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD would not eat unless shewas moving, she was active and could not sit still long enough to eat so we fixed her plate and put it where she could grab some and go, she always had food in her hands and not at the table lol....she outgrew it so dont worry to much mom, this is all exciting for your child.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My son is 18 months old and does the same thing. I have a set of special toys for him to play with when he eats. He would rather eat then play.....he is very active. He lost two pounds last month and the doctor was concerned. The doctor said some kids are just picky eaters. I have to give him stage 3 food and ensure drinks twice a day plus any extra food I can get him to eat as a snack. I have to take him to the doctor in 4 weeks for a weigh-in. His favorite show is Go Diego Go and that works great as a distraction.
    haveahappyday

Answer by haveahappyday at 11:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009