Apartment Help

My bf and i are getting ready to get are first apartment. What all do i need to buy besides furniture. Because I am totally clueless. I have no clue what all i need! lol Help!

MiasMommy6908

Asked by MiasMommy6908 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• HHMMMmmm....the list is long! You'll need things like blinds and curtains, towels, washrags, and a shower curtain, kitchen towels, pots and pans, cooking utinsels, dishes, silverware, bed sheets and blankets and pillows. If the apartment doesn't come with a stove and fridge, you'll need to get your own. Then you'll also probably want a TV, radio, DVD player, and telephone. It's also nice to have some kind of decorations (wall hangings or pictures, etc.). Congrats and good luck!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 8:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Oh, and I forgot to add that you'll need cleaning supplies, too!
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 8:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Try going through your mom's cupboards and making a list. You should know by now which things actually get used (and therefore you would need to buy one for yourself) and which things are in line for a garage sale, but if not ask her to help you. If you don't live around your mom, ask a married friend if she'll let you. Then, just make a mental (or literal!) note about the things around the house that you use daily, and you can calculate how many to buy of each, like towels and such depending on how often you want to do laundry. I'd say the minimums would start with a clock/radio to keep you on-time for work, and towels. Cleaning products next, including laundry stuff. Then your kitchen supplies, 'cause you can eat off paper products for a long time while you furnish a home. Check out second-hand and dollar-stores. They usually have a whole section of that kind of stuff.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 8, 2009