IT ALL WENT DOWN HILL!!!!

HERE I AM HAPPY AS COULD BE ALL EXCITED AND THINKING BRENDON (SON) WAS FINALLY COMING HOME AFTER 2 1/2 MONTHS IN THE N.I.C.U AND THEN I CALL TO CHECK ON HIM AND HE GOT SICK HE WAS THROWING UP AND RUNNING FEVER THE INSTANLY PUT HIM ON ANTIBIOTICS AND DREW BLOOD DONE A URINE TEST IT ALL COMES BACK NEGITIVE...AFTER AN HOUR HIS FEVERS GONE HES EATING AGAIN....BUT WE HAVE ONE OF THE RUDEST NURSES IVE EVER MET....SHE WANT TALK TO US OR TELL US ANYTHING...I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS AND NO ANSWERS.....WHAT DO I DO....I NEED PRAYERS....

THANX DESTINTY

Destinty

Asked by Destinty at 8:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would drive up there and DEMAND answers. That is your child, they need to let you know what is going on!!!!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 8:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you I've never been there before really when my daugher was born she was in the NICU for 6 hours and no one ever told us why everything came back negative but they still put 2 iv's in her poor little head sometimes nurses and dr's don't remember they're dealing with a family and not another case, but I'll keep you and your little guy in my prayers I hope he can come home soon.
    becky757

Answer by becky757 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• contact the head of the nursing department or the head of the NICU... that is wrong of them to not give you answers... plus, you can request that she has minimal contact with your son... DEMAND it.. he is your baby. Contact your doctor or your sons Ped... and let him/her know.. that you are being treated rudely.. when my son was born i had issues with the staff and demanded to talk to the Office Manager.. she is actually the one in charge of the nurses... good luck.. and hope he comes home soon.. HUGS
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• HE WAS BORN WITH HIS INTESTINES ON THE OUTSIDE SO I MEAN I KNOW THAT HE HAS TO HAVE IVS AND STUFF BUT THEY SAID ALL THAT WAS COMING OUT AND HE WOULD GET TO COME HOME IN A FEW DAYS AND HES STILL NOT THEY CANT GET HIS STOMACH TO AGREE WITH ANY OF THE MILK I KEEP TELLING THEM TO GIVE HIM LACTOSE FREE BUT THEY ARNT LISTENING TO ME THEY ACT LIKE I DONT KNOW ANYTHING ITS DRIVING ME NUTS....
    Destinty

Answer by Destinty at 9:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009