Chapter 11 discharge?

I just got off the phone with my hubby and he said they are giving him a Chapter 11 discharge because of his broken foot. What does a Chapter 11 discharge mean? Do they have any kind of assistance for schooling or bills or anything since its because of his broken foot? Might I add...its their fault he broke his foot, they gave him boots that were too small and he told his DS and the DS told him to shutup. So all the running and stuff in boots that were a size and a half too small caused his 2nd metatarsal to split down the middle. Also, will they have to cover any future medical bills due to that injury? Thanks so much!

mandystenger

Asked by mandystenger at 8:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In short, it means that the military tried him out, and he failed to meet standards during his first 180 days of military service. In other words, it's the military's way of saying, "We gave you a chance, and you didn't meet our standards. Sorry, but you're 'fired. They MAY cover medical bills because it was done in boot, but I don't believe he will have any other benefits.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 9:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• What I said was just an example of what a chapter 11 is, nothing meant towards your hubby. just wanted to clarify that
    Anonymous

• oops didn't mean to go anon, also I wanted to point out that depending on his discharge code after he's all healed up if he can get ok'd by a doc he may be able to enlist again.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 9:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Thanks so much...I was completely lost...I do have one more question...
    How long does the discharge process take?
    And do they pay for his way home?
    mandystenger

Answer by mandystenger at 9:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was in a car accident 20 years ago where I broke my foot on the brake pedal ~ just snapped all those little bones across the top of your foot, you know? I made the lion's share of the money in our household at the time and my dd was only 6 mos old so I had to get back to work with no time off.... Bottom line, it didn't really heal right, but at the time I was in a hurry to settle with insurance and get some money and I settled for much less than I should have. I'm going to need to have surgery on that foot again. I've done a lot of reading and found that foot and ankle injuries can come back to haunt you for a LONG time, so PLEASE get some really good physical therapy and other opinions before you sign off on anything, especially if they were responsible. Please seek some wise legal counsel so that the rest of your lives this injury doesn't cause problems, financially and physically.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 8, 2009