Tips for sending care packages to Afganistan for soldier?

I adopted a soldier and he is requesting ceral, jerkey and ramen noodles. Any advice on sending care packages oversees?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 14, 2011 in Military

• I used the Military Flat Rate boxes when I sent stuff to my husband. Also, if I sent him things that were in a bag and could be crushed (such as chips, cereal, etc), I went to the dollar store and bought plastic cereal containers and put it in there so it wouldn't get crushed and so that he would have something to store it in.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• I always used the military flat rate boxes, and I would use tins to store any food in before I put it in the box. When my DH was in Afghanistan they had problems with rats getting into their food, but he said having cookie tins on hand helped keep his food safe. Also check to see what items are prohibited. Generally, you can't send pork products or alcohol.
    LillyJDv3.0

Answer by LillyJDv3.0 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 24, 2011