What kind of dog(s) do you own and why?

I own a collie, my decision was based on that they are cute and fluffy. And then she got bigger, and now I call her my teenager I have nothing in common with.

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pets

• we have 2 pomeranians and large mix breed he is wolf, huskie and hound...lol he is so nice and such a great family pet .. I chose the poms because they are small and lovey and poofy I love the hair!!
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Japanese Chin. I love her but my heart has always been with a hound. We got her because she is small.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 9:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We had a boxer but couldnt keep her.. it broke our hearts... she was fun and playfull.... but way to big!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have a mastiff/boxer/great dane mix.I got her for her size to trainer her as a seizure response dog.She has done beyond that.She senses anxiety attacks,seizures,any abnormal change in our family and friends bodies.We are in the middle of changing my son's seizure meds.and as we lower his dose she has been in bed with him through out the day sniffing and cuddling him as she felt a chemical change in his body.Great dog.
    carebear2025

Answer by carebear2025 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We have a pug. We got him not only because I think pugs are so ugly that they're adorable, but also because we heard that pugs were good to have while living in a smaller place (we lived in a condo when we got him) and that they don't shed too much, and are mild mannered. NOT. He barks like crazy at everything, is still rambunctious as all hell at the age of 7, and we have to vaccum every other day if we don't want to breathe dog hair! But I wouldn't trade my puppy for anything :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• we have a great pyrenees because they are the sweetest dogs! And good with kids.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i want a sieberian husky i love wolfs and they look like them lol
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• A black lab because they are great with kids and just very sweet! Now that we've had one for 4 years, he's great with the baby, very sweet, but also a pain in the neck!!! But I love him to pieces!
    Anonymous

• I have 2 pitbull/lab mixes. Great dogs. Holy crap are they hyper. thank goodness for baby gates when I need my sanity. we rescued them from the pound. They were dumped with their momma and 3 other pups and ready to be killed. People are a** holes.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• We have 2 beautiful German Sheherds, Winston and Tara. My hubby does German Shepherd rescue, he rescued both of them, and they are such awesome dogs.
    cheryl4martin

Answer by cheryl4martin at 11:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009