Do you think Obama is really FOR gay marriage?

Do you think he is really okay with it, but didn't say he was so he'd get more votes???

I watched clips from the Ellen show on Youtube. When McCain was on Ellen attacked him and said its "like saying I can sit here but not there." and was really mean to him about it.

But when Clinton was on and she said that she was against gay marriage she just said "Do you think anybody could be for gay marriage and still win?" and she didn't attack him like the did McCain......

Hmmmm.............

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, he's a Christian and has good morals.
    Anonymous

• Yes I really think he's for gay marriage. He also wants to take the "don't ask don't tell" policy out of the military and let gay men and women serve openly.
    Anonymous

• Nope he's not.
    Anonymous

• i think he's more for gay rights as married couples, than the actually marriage. having a gay couple reep some of the rewards as a unified couple like married couples get life insurance, adopting kids, hospital rights and so forth. which i think is a good thing because they are human being like any heterosexual couple so why not get the same benefits
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• No, because according to Obama's own statement during one of the debates, he is not for gay marriage.

I think Ellen is a lot like other talk show hosts; she has her personal preferences and they come through on her show. It's pretty natural. She made no secret about being a Democrat and wanting to see Hillary in office; when that wasn't a possibility, she threw her support openly behind Obama.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that...but I think it's awfully hypocritical to attack McCain when Obama himself stated he felt the same way.
    Anonymous

• No and he doesnt claim to be.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 10:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• lol he won to bad so sad to late to care now

Anonymous

• No, I don't think he is for gay marriage. But I do think that he will tell people that he is for at least another 4 years, so as to gain another term (if he doesn't f*ck this one up too badly).
    Anonymous

• He is not for gay marriage. I don't think he ever said he was for it civil unions is all I heard him say.
    momtoonecuteboy

Answer by momtoonecuteboy at 11:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Didn't he say several times he felt it should be between a man and a woman?
    Anonymous