what do you think cold is?

i thought about this cuz of a msg i jsut got in my chatter.. she couldnt belive it was only 12 here and she said she thought it was cold at 55.. OMG ppl here (mn) start waering shorts at 55 (not me but i know ppl who do) so im jsut wondering whats cold to you? i personally wont take my son out to play in anything under 25 and i wont take him outside at all (unless emergancy) if is under 10.. nbut i think its really cold when its gets into the single digits or below...

shit some days im happy just to see a double digit or a positive one at that

how about you?

JrsMommy07

Asked by JrsMommy07 at 9:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Cold is below 0. But I lived in Minnesota for a while...and I KNOW cold!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• For me, and I live on Long Island, NY, anything under 30 is cold, and anything under 20 is just plain bone chilling freezing!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 9:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Being from Maine I will have to say anything under 10 degrees.
    BubblesB

Answer by BubblesB at 9:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• -20C or I guess its -4F ... thats cold , and normal for this time of year here ... Yuck .
    25 isn't bad , its okay for a day out playing in snow suits.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 9:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Hmm it's 24 here right now, and I'm sitting in front of an open window.. Once it gets down to like 15 or so then I get irritated. I wouldn't even turn the heat on at this temp if it wasn't for my daughter.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am from Texas originally and I remember when 55 was cold. Then I did my undergrad in Minnesota. OMG, if the seven ring of hell froze over, that would describe the winters there. It was miserable and cut through you to the bone. I played basketball in college and at the orientation they told us that after practice we needed to not inhale the air too much because our lungs could freeze and cause pneumonia. WTF? lol Fifty degrees below zero with the windshield is cold. I am so happy to be back in Seattle, give me the wet dismal rain any day of the week!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It hardly ever gets colder than 40 here even at night. But I consider 30's to be COLD. I can deal with the 30's as long as I'm prepared enough for it. I consider anything about 70 to be hot though! My ideal temp. is like 65.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I hate the cold.. cold to me is about 50
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• to me cold is anything below 15 degrees...once its below 15 it all feels the same haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• wow, i live in cali and anything below 70 is cold. LOL
    avasmommy120307

Answer by avasmommy120307 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009