flue or what

im 39 weeks preg. went to the doc yesterday but he didnt give me any meds. i have a really bad cough and know im running a fever. cant sleep at night and light headed. is there any thing i can take or do to make me feel better.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• You can take anything by Tylenol unless doc said different
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• doesnt sound like a flu. thats what i had a few weeks ago.. it was HORRIBLE! i had a fever and horrible cough i hated it. i didnt take anything, but my doctor did tell me i could take dimetapp and robitussin DM and for the cough he said i can use cough drops. they said stay away from nyquil stuff like that of which will make you drowsy.

but also, you should drink some hot tea, keep your self warm and cozy try not to go from being cold to directly being in the heat then the cold again etc it will make you worse. also a humidifier if you have one may help with your cough and im sure you have a sore throat from that too and it will help that as well. good luck i hope you feel better soon!!

ps do NOT get a flu shot right now.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Never get the flu shot.
    http://www.nvic.org/Diseases/influenzafacts.htm
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009