• In the Spotlight:

birth control

whats the best birth control to take after haveing a baby. im due to have my son any day know . im married and young . i dont want to get preg agian and i know i wount remeber to take the bill. i lose my medical card after the babys born because of my husbands income.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have mirena, i love it.
    Anonymous

• If you plan on breast feeding you can only take the minipill. They will put you back on the pill at your 6week checkup. If you formula feed I think you can prob take any bc pill.
    newmommy61207

Answer by newmommy61207 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Talk to the doctor. Make sure you make a good decision based on facts that will affect your life. It is good to ask opinions, but the ultimate thing is that it is reliable and you are aware of the possible side effects, and also how long it will take to pregnant again when you are ready. Every body's body is different, and that is why there are so many choices. Talk with the dr in the HOSP before you go home. My dr always talked with me before being discharged. They tell you to wait 6 weeks before resuming sex, but you may choose to engage sooner and you want to be protected. There are too many ladies posting that they are now scared they are pregnant and have VERY young babies. Never be afraid to talk to your doctor. If you are, then it isn't the right doctor for you.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Mirena. But I still have a period, just a much lighter one. Like, REALLY light. I only use pantyliners because a tampon is a waste. And my once excruciatingly-painful-take-a-day-off-and-half-a-bottle-of-advil cramps have been knocked down to a mere nod of acklowledgement.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 10:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009