Still depressed?

I dont know how to overcome this depression. Its taking control of my life. I dont have insurance to go t a doctor and get on meds. I dont know what to do anymore. I want to be a good mom and sometimes I feel like it even affects that. Any advice? I need help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• Well I have heard of people exercising, eating better, light therapy, cleaning, and juts having a hobby to focus on. Are these things that you are doing now? If not making a small change in your life could really help you immensely. I know that I get bogged down a lot with the day in and day out. I try to switch up my routine too, and sometimes that helps. I hope you feel better!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't know what you have tried, but here's my self-help method:
    I always have St. John's Wort on hand. It has to be taken regularly over a period of time. A good supply of Vitamins B6 & B12. Dark chocolate (it actually raises seratonin levels). Water. And, please don't get weirded out, but I do clean my colon regularly. I found that was part of the reason I felt so sluggish and lethargic all the time. Now, I take time to shower (that in itself can be a chore), I take my kid with me to the coffee shop. It gets me out of the house, I can talk with strangers, a little caffeine to boost my lazy butt, and my kid has fun too. I try to only plan one productive thing a day, that way if I don't accomplish a lot, I'm not coming down on myself. And sunlight/fresh air/airing out the house helps.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 10:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2009