Ideas on stay at home jobs?

I am a stay at home mom.....2 boys that are both in grade school...1st and 5th grade.....it is still nearly impossible for me to have a regular (outside the home) job. I have no family in my town and husband is a truck driver and is out of town quite often. Which leaves only ME to tend to the kids if they are sick at school, days there are no school, appts., or just my kid being sick for days at a time and home from school. No employer wants someone that has to leave work all the time! So........i am wondering if any of you have any ideas on a job that i could do from home that is preferrably inexpensive to start up. I've checked into all the stuff you see advertised on the internet, but they usually charge you and arm and a leg to get started! So...........ideas would be great! Thanks=)

krusecat22

Asked by krusecat22 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

• what are your interests? finding something that you are passionate about really narrows it down. If you want to work at home there is so much out there to choose from why not get involved in something you really like.
    ilove2travel

Answer by ilove2travel at 10:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Hey there! I totally understand where you are coming from! I am a stay at home mom of 3 kids and my husband works a lot and his hours vary. There is no way that I can have a job outside the home. I started my search for work from home months ago and this is what I found...

Most work at home "jobs" are scams. NEVER pay anything for a work from home job! There are a few companies that hire people to work from home and most of these jobs are customer service jobs that require a quiet work environment. Which will NEVER happen at my house! A work from home job was completly out of the question for me! So I started to research work from home businesses....

sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Cont...There are sooo many different home businesses out there! I had to find one that I was passionate about and that I could love doing! I did not want to sell any products like make up or candles. Too many of my friends already do that and I knew that with the economy in the state it is, it would be difficult to get people to by "extras". I almost gave up until I found Ameriplan! It has been my dream come true! We offer a service that people NEED, even more so with the struggling economy! We help people get affordable dental and medical benefits so they can afford their healthcare. We also help people work from home and my mission is to show as many people as I can that there is a better way then the normal 9-5 job! You can be home with your kids and earn money too!

sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Cont...A home business will ALWAYS require an investment because you are starting your OWN business. You will get things in return such as websites, benefits, training and support, etc. You can't expent to go open a business in your town without investing money, same thing here. A home business will take WORK and you should only start one if you are SERIOUS about working from home and changing your life!

Let me know if I can help you with anything and I wish you the best of luck! ~Sarah
    sassyhettel

• I found excellent resources at www.stuffformoms.info.  It has great businesses you can start from your own home as well as freelance links. 

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• P.S. You can operate your own website for free.. If you need more information, let me know.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I sell candles and love it! There is no sign up fee and no monthly quotas to meet. It's fun and these candles sell themselves! You can earn a steady stream of income. Visit my page on here, I have a lot of info for you. I hope you will join me : )
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 10:06 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses). I recommend checking out the Telecommuting Moms folder here at WAHM.com for leads on home JOBS. I also have some resources for freelance work and telecommuting jobs on my Work From Home site.

nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I am a work from home mom and I am partnered with a Wellness company that distributes eco-friendly products. My daughter has never gone to daycare because I found a real work from home job. I do not sell. I do receive a check once a month. I do have a website that you could go to if interested......

http://www.iluvwhatido.com  

This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau.

cstewart0402

Answer by cstewart0402 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2009