How do you clean your blinds and what do you use?

Looking for new way to clean mine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i fill my tub with hot hot water and bleach and let them soak
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• You're supposed to clean them?

Kidding. :) I vacuum mine occasionally (just run the attachment up and down) and when that doesn't get it all, I run a rag over each slat with a rag wet with water.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 9:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I also vacuum mine at least once a week and once a month, or as needed, I wash them with a mixture of white vinegar & water; just spray on and wipe off. I have wooden blinds so can't soak them in the tub with the vinegar like I used to do our old plastic ones, but that is an option if you have plastic blinds.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've never actually cleaned mine. I've heard of the bathtub washing thing, or taking them outside and hosing them down. But, when I've finally gotten around to cleaning mine it was usually when company was coming and I didn't have time. So I ran downtown to Big Lots and bought new ones for $3.50 each. ( I did keep the old ones to clean for later...)
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 5:18 PM on Jan. 9, 2009

• I use Clorox wipes they work wonders. It is a pain to clean each one but its worth it.
    dlmn40

Answer by dlmn40 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 17, 2009