When did you move your kid to a toddler bed?

We have a convertible crib, and I'm afraid Kenzie is going to fall out of it and get hurt...When did you convert or move to a toddler bed? She'll be one on Monday (Jan 12).

Live4HerSmile

Asked by Live4HerSmile at 9:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1 years old only because she was climbing out of the crib
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'm going to change my 13 month olds crib into the toddler bed this weekend. If she falls out I don't think she will get hurt, probably just scared (the bed isn't very far off the ground).But I believe there is a little rail to prevent that anyway. Good luck =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I took the side rail off of the crib sometime between their second and third birthdays. I made sure that the mattress was as low as could be.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:03 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• lol, I meant fall out of the crib as a crib. I'm not really worried about her falling out of it as a toddler bed. But she probably will climb out of the toddler bed and empty her dresser drawers...Lesser of two evils, I suppose...
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 6:02 AM on Jan. 8, 2009