• In the Spotlight:

WHAT SHOULDNT I EAT WHILE PREGNANT?

what are some foods that i should stay away from while pregnant?

tiffanybonn

Asked by tiffanybonn at 9:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Raw meats, unpasturized cheeses(soft cheeses), deli meats that haven't been cooked/steamed first, anything with raw eggs (like cake batter), fish known for high mercury content (shark, swordfish, some tuna), too much caffeine,
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• ok i ate deli meat i eat over medium eggs and i have had a few lick off the spoon while making cooking etc and i have a coffee sometimes. as long as everything is proportioned correctly you should be fine. just do not over indulge in the the foods you "shouldnt eat"
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i never watched what i ate when i was pregnant both kids are healthy to
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• she just asked what she shouldn't eat. this is "by the book"... i eat deli meat too. but if she put this question in a search engine, the answer I gave is what she would get. Don't want the poor women to eat sushi only to read later how bad it is and freak out.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i know which is why i put what i put about not over indulging in those things.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I avoided all of those things...you never know when you're going to get bad meat, I didn't want to end up with listeriosis while trying to grow a baby! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• whats by the book is alot of what celtic already said and sushi, but there are more and more dr.s that are saying that the whole deli meat thing is more a wives tale type thing. i cant not stay away from rare steak..for me its im gonna eat it or not eat it at all for the next 9 months.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:17 AM on Jan. 8, 2009