False negative with blood test

I was wondering how likely it is for me to have a false negative with a blood test. My period is 2 weeks late and I have many I of the symptoms of pregnancy. I’ve had both a HPT & a blood test come out negative. However, with my first pregnancy I had false negatives all thought the first trimester. Tomorrow I’m making an appointment for an exam.

Redneck_Dream

Asked by Redneck_Dream at 9:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• probably very very very rare.

we here im sure do not know what the chances are though. we arent specialized in anything like that.
    Anonymous

• blood test are usually not wrong, the only time i have known them to be wrong is if you are taking hormone pills or steroids.... I have been a Rn for almost 7 years now and i have only seen to false neg with my patients in are clinic
    Anonymous

• I had every symptom of pregnancy, and got negative HPT. I went to the dr for exam, negative. I was prescribed Provera to make my period start. Dr, Said you don't have to have your period. Made mine start because the hormones are making me miserable. I have 4 kids, so I wasn't overly disappointed it was negative. I woyld have been excited for another miracle, but have plenty on my plate now! Good luck to you. Try to accept whatever the results are, and move on.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had my exam today and guess what?? I'm pregnant!! My due date is 8-28
    Redneck_Dream

Answer by Redneck_Dream at 6:56 PM on Jan. 21, 2009