ok i heard that if you have alot of heartburn or indigestion while you're pregnant, that your baby will have alot of hair? how true is this really?

donalikemymomma

Asked by donalikemymomma at 5:53 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Not true
    JonahsMom1107

Answer by JonahsMom1107 at 5:54 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I don't know how true this is but I had heartburn almost every night towards the end & my daughter didn't have a lot of hair. She's 8 months now & its just filling in.
    snowflake11-07

Answer by snowflake11-07 at 5:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Nope not true
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 5:56 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Not true, my daughter was born with a head full of hair, I had no heartburn or morning sickness, it was a perfect pregnancy.
    leegirl_jm

Answer by leegirl_jm at 6:01 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• This is an old wives tale, but I believe it. Granted there will ALWAYS be exceptions to every rule. Everyone we've know that had heart burn had babies with heads full of hair.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've had horrible, TERRIBLE heartburn with every single one of my pregnancies (and I'm about to give birth for the fifth time) and every single one of my children had very little hair. I don't think the hairiness of the child has anything to do with the mother experiencing heartburn.
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 6:12 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It's actually a myth but ironically I had heartburn when my babies had a lot of hair.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 7:06 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• its totally not true and for the people that says they believe it bc it happened to them, is just an off chance it happened to them... heartburn has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with your baby... i hate the old wives tales, they drive me nuts
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It's probably not really true, but I had terrible heartburn with both pregnancies and both my babies were born with lots of hair. Coincidence?
    Sarah821

Answer by Sarah821 at 7:36 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I do not know if it is true but I know I had tons of heartburn with my second baby and he came out with a full head of hair. my frist I had very little heartburn almost want to say none and she came out with hair but just not so much as my second.
    MRS.RODARTE

Answer by MRS.RODARTE at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008