Do buy bad step kids Christmas presents?

do you buy a disrespectful, self centered, bossy and does nothing stepchild who told you she hates you and does not want you in her life , Christmas presents? My step daughter is rude, refuses to talk or look at me, and is terrible to her father. She is demanding and does not take no for an answer and is manipulative to the tenth degree. She's 15.

laurengigi

Asked by laurengigi at 10:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• 15 is tough with any kid, its even harder for steps being pushed and pulled between families. Get her a present, she will never forget if you dont.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• Yes. All kids get gifts. Especially the ones who are obviously in the most pain
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• The kids hardest to love are the ones who need the most of it! Yes, she gets a gift!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• Sooooo you think that not giving her gifts will make things any better?

Of course she should get something. NO kid should be skipped - and doing it because you say she's "bad" is a horrible thought.
    She is 15, trying to figure out who she is, trying to deal with all the stuff that being a teen brings and trying to deal with 2 families on top of it. Give her a gift or two, show her you will not give up on her ...maybe you could write something for her about how you want to make this all work out and that you care about her and stick it in her stocking. Don't shut her out on Christmas
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• i would get her something that she really wants from just you- that could be all that is needed to turn your relationship around..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• Yes I would get her a gift.

Keep in mind this saying "Love me when I least deserve it because that is when I really need it"
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• Get her savings bonds.
    Anonymous

• I'll second Jademom's answer ...
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• I can imagine how you feel ( I have 2 stepteens and luckily they know how to treat me and their dad) if it werent for their dad being the way he is I'd be in the same boat with you) but as far as getting her a gift I would probably not want to get her anything either but she is a teenager and hopefully it is just a phase give her a chance to grow up and later see what she made of her life hopefully she'll make the right choices but with y'alls help.
    She's just a child who needs guidance though she does not want it throw it at her anyway she will appreciate you later. GL
    If that doesn't work put her in some "boot camp" program.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2011

• Yes, you are the adult and you have to act like one.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2011