Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can i claim my baby on my tax return?

i just had her on dec 2nd, so i dont know if i can or not. but the tax calculator i used asked if i had any children born in 08, they didnt specify how long she had to be born to claim her....


Asked by Rebekahs_Mommy at 9:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • My daughter was born New Years Eve at 806pm in 2000 and I was able to claim her. As long as you make it by midnight on the 31st you claim her...

    Answer by mommyof4ormore at 9:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • Yes, you can.

    Congrats :)

    Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • i thought it had to be 6 mos though? or thats what someone told me...

    Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 9:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • No, you can claim. I had my first son in Nov. of 01 and we claimed.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • you are supposed to i thought? lol :)

    Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • Nope, just have to be born on or by Dec 31st. You are good.

    Answer by 2-1CavWife at 9:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • absolutely congrats to you. it is six months for an existing child like if you are divorced and your child lives with the other parent and then comes and lives with you they have to be with you for at least six months beforee you can claim them

    Answer by jodi205 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • coolness. lol. that means ill get more money back right? oh yeah. i has another related question. if i wasnt married at the begining of the year, and i claimed 0, and then at the end of this year im married and have dd, ill have to claim hubby and dd. but will i get more money back or will i have to pay some?

    Answer by Rebekahs_Mommy at 9:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN