Will i know if my water broke

or if it started leaking while im peeing? i dont mean literally while im peeing but...say i go to the bathroom, and im sitting there a while... and sometimes ill pee a little more after i already JUST emptied my bladder. will i know if when my water breaks and say i HAPPEn to be on the toilet, will i know its my water breaking? or no? i know it can GUSH out, and sometimes it slowly trickles out. but will i know if that happens? ive been wondering this more and more towards the end of my pregnancy. lol dont laugh at me !

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 9:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh yeah it aint like peeing on yourself it is like flood waters and it is real warm lol
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• For me it was a complete gush and did not stop...but I have heard of it being a small trickle for other woman. Also youre water may not even break. g'luck when the time comes! xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 9:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• well i know it can be floods lol and im sure ill know if that does happen, but some womens slowly come out over time. and my pee is warm too though lol. and when i go pee and then im sitting there a while, it is sometimes a good amount that comes out once again...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• There are all kinds of breaks. It could be through one membrane (a short gush OR a trickle that stops after a bit). And there is a high leak that is a consistent trickle. A low rupture is usually the gusher. And baby's head can cork it~ mom's movement will release the gush here & there.
    Also, a break can reseal.

NOTHING inside after a rupture. No intercourse, vaginal exams, or tampons.

And if baby is vertex at term, the color and odor are safe, and you're not feverish, the contractions will let you know when it is time to go in.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• doula do you think i would know though if any of those happen while im sitting on the pot? lol im so dead serious with this question lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• well actually my water broke when i was on the toilet...I woke up at 5:30am to go pee and after i wiped all of a sudden more stuff was coming out...i didn't know it was my water that broke...so i was just gonna sit there till it was done...then it kinda stop so i stand up and then it start coming out MORE so i sat back down yelled for my boyfriend to get things ready then we went...it was kinda scary i didn't know what was happening..But now if i have another kid i'll know what it is! lol
    nicole0709442

Answer by nicole0709442 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Not maybe unless you KEPT peeing and knew that the urine should be done streaming by now.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• LMAO nicole :) haha im sorry im not laughing at you but you were probably thinking WTH? lol :)

what if its a good trickle? like the other day when i was walking home my JEANS got wet. through my panty liner under wear and onto my heavy duty JEANS. it wasnt just a little spot maybe like 2 in long? and ive been trickling somewhat more than just the average discharge but not a LOT either... and when i pee and i sit there more will come out a few min later.... idk maybe im just thinking too much into it?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When you're peeing with ruptured membranes it won't keep gushing & gushing & gushing, exactly. There will likely be spurts as you release the muscles and tighten again. Like when stopping a stream of pee mid-way through. But you could notice that it's not coming from down low at the urethra. The uterus is leaking coming down a couple of inches through the vagina. It it's a hearty-sized leak, you might notice a difference between where it's coming from. Also, it's farther back a little than your pee hole.
    But when you stand up and put your undies back, you'll leak again a gush or trickle... Might seem like you didn't finish peeing...
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It will probably be sooner than a few minutes later. If it's a
    "gushing position" then it'll probably keep coming-stop-coming-stop, every few seconds.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2009