If you go to church, what church do you go to? Why do you go to that church?

I am always curious about others beliefs. I am an Adventist (and have been all my life) and while I bring my children to church and teach them the Bible, I want them to decide for themselves when they are older what faith they want to practice. What I like about my church is that we take the Bible as our guide, as showing us how to live, to be like Christ (Christ was an example for us to follow on how to live our lives to follow Christ)... I love that my children think of others first and that that is the result of their upbringing. But that is all off the question. Thank you for your responses! God Bless!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• We go to Connextions Church in Houston, TX. I never really liked churches because I grew up Baptist and it wasn't really my cup of tea. This church, however, is full of God's spirit and the closeness of the members is astounding. It's a non-denominational church and we felt like family as soon as we arrived the first time. Everyone is so nice and loving. The Pastor is a laid back kind of man that you can talk to about ANYTHING! He's a jeans and nice shirt kind of guy. Nobody feels like they have to wear a certain thing or like they aren't good enough to attend. His wife is awesome as well. WE LOVE IT!!
    love_my_boys

Answer by love_my_boys at 9:08 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I attend the Society of Novus Spiritus. We only meet once a month right now because we are fairly new and don't have many members. But I GO because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the compassion, the community, the Love, the friendship, and the shared knowledge that we have. It's a great energy booster.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I go to Baptist Church. I like the getting excited for God. One reason I chose my church is b/c it is smaller and feels more like family.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I am a member of the LDS church. I go because I know with all of my heart that it is true and it is where I need to be. I also love the values that are taught and love how the family is so important in the church.

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Non-denominational...I love the freedom and non-judgemental attitudes. People are very warm and dont force anything on you..btw Im not Christian...I think that says alot because I will go to church with my Christian husband and not feel like I am being judged for my own beliefs...
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Calvary Chapel
    it teaches the bible word for word and verse by verse. You can come in a suit or flip flops or both doesn't matter! And not that this is a reason to go but I love the childrens church, and i love our worship music.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 11:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Blazing Fire Church , I love it because they have an amazing foundation, they have a strong core leadership and eldership and the love and acceptance is amazing. First time you go you are a guest, second time and after that you are family! It is home to me and I know that I know I am loved by my fellow sisters and brothers there. I am also healing there and growing in leaps and bounds! God is worship, praised and loved!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I use to go a Humanistic Buddhist Temple. I didn't go there for 'service', but for a class. It just so happened that quite often my classtime coincided with the nuns' chant service... so I got to listen in & watch a lot... and I got to help set up & put away some of the items. Oh.. and the FOOD! AWESOME! And I am not a veggie person in the least --- so that's really saying something!!! LOL

I had to give up my class some months ago, though. The cost of the class + the cost of gas +the distance (60 mils round-trip) got to be too much for me.

I'm hoping sometime later this year or maybe next year I can start going again. I'd also like to take refuge one of these days.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I attend a Christian Center. It is indeed a very large church, but it is for anyone who considers themselves Christian or wants to know more about Christianity. I like this church because it is very non-judgemental and they teach according to the Bible. They teach acceptance of others, and it is just such a wonderful atmosphere full of love for one another and love and worship of God. They have a great children's ministry, as well as multiple Bible study groups (I am a member of the Military Wives Small Group). Its just such a great church, we were very blessed to find it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:31 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I, too, am an Adventist and I love my church! I love the fellowship and the family atmosphere. I really like that they are very family-oriented and so full of love and hope for everyone!
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 11:32 AM on Jan. 8, 2009