Does anyone else get frustrated?

He is 7 months old and just keeps whimpering and whining. Is he old enough to learn 'no' and 'stop'. Sometimes I want to shake him or leave him in another room to cry but my house is so small. Why do i get so mad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• I feel the same way. My son is going through a "whiny" stage. Its normal. If you get too frustrated, leave the kid in his crib/room or somewhere safe so you can take a breather. It is hard and it drives ya crazy.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i think you need to talk to someone. like a professional. i get frustrated at times too but i dont get the urge to shake my child or lock them in their room
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• That's not old enough to know better. Do you ever get out without the baby? Seems like you are just overwhelmed. Try to get some help.

Anonymous

• actually i dont think he is old enough to understand no stop dont or whatever... but shaking him.. wont do any good i agree with jodi on this one.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My daughter could understand no at that age, but not at all times. He is still a baby. If you are having urges like that you really need to talk to someone. Call a friend or relative over to see if they can take over for a little while, and get yourself some help.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Wait, I thought you were against locking your child in their room jodi? lol

Anonymous

• I agree that is not old enough to know the difference. I would talk to someone too, it is okay to get overwhelmed and have to put your baby in their crib for ten minutes and get some clarity, but if you feel like shaking him, you might want to ask someone.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 10:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• He is going to cry. And I firmly think children feed off your response. The more you get upset, frustrated, or even angry the more that escalates the situation and his whine factor will increase. So leave and go outside for a few minutes. Where you child is in the crib safe and you can step away. Let your child even fall asleep in his crib if that means you don't actually snap at him verbally or other wise. Many parents feel frustrated at their children but won't ever admit it. So enlist help. Get a friend or family member to give you a break SEVERAL afternoons and nights a week. You need to get out and you need their help. Children only begin to learn the concept of no at around your child's age by role modeling. He will continue to cry. Its normal. And then it will die down. Seriously, you need to take some time for yourself or even see a professional for some time to focus on you.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

She said she doesn't get the urge to do that.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• well anon i am and if you read my answer again and quit being illiterate i said it does make me want to shake them or lock them in their room. NOT means no. no i would NOT do that duh
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2009