Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

another tax question

if i wasnt married at the begining of the year, and i claimed 0, and then at the end of this year im married and have dd, ill have to claim hubby and dd. but will i get more money back or will i have to pay some?


Asked by Rebekahs_Mommy at 10:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • well if you were married for less than 6 month of the year, I do not think you have to claim him, but double check the instruction sheet that comes with the form you have.. you can also look it up online. .. either way... you CAN and definately should claim DD.. it doesn't matter the date of birth for her.. mine was born Dec. 22 2007, and I got to claim her... and I would probably file your DH anyways, because I am almost positive you will get more that way.. but not 100%. lol.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:23 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

  • You will have to file jointly married or married sep


    Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • even if you get married December 31st you still get to file married. You get the most money I think from married filing jointly. I'm fairly certain the same goes for your DD but not positive, mine was born in Jan. 07, and we got to claim her for the 2007 tax year. Congrats on everything :)

    Answer by Xynyth at 10:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

  • You will file married filing joint (or separate) and claim 3. What you get back depends on what both you and hubby paid in as withholding or estimated taxes. Generally, having the child helps in crease your refund, but it depends on total income, withholding, deducitons, etc.

    Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009