No bake dessert with chocolate chips, peanut butter and oatmeal?

I'm not pregnant but I'm craving these items together and I don't want to cook? Got a recipe for that?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 10:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Why yes, now that you mention it. I do have a recipe like that. My mom's neighbor makes these every year for the 4th of July party at my mom's house.

No-Bake Peanutty Granola Bites

1 cup powdered sugar
    1 cup peanut butter
    1/3 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 ½ cup uncooked oatmeal (quick or old fashioned*)
    1 cup granola cereal
    1 ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, milk and
    vanilla; mix well with a wooden spoon. Stir in oats, granola and chocolate
    chips; mix until cereal is completely coated.

Chill dough in refrigerator for 15 to 30 minutes.

Roll and press cereal mixture into one-inch balls; place in tightly covered
    container and refrigerate.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• no bake cookies but there is some cookin to it. how bout if you put peanut butter on a spoon dip the spoon in oatmean then sprinkle with chocolate chips
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• oops meant oatmeal
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Yeah no bake cookies are one of my favorites! The only cooking you really have to do is heating and stirring. YUMMY! :)
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Mine doesn't use choc chips but has choc in it. They are really great. Humm I think I want some now.
    2c Sugar--2Tbls Cocoa--1/2c Milk--1/2 stick Butter
    Boil for 2 mins. Then add following ingredients in order one at time
    1Tsp Vanilla---1/2 C Peanut Butter---3c Oatmeal
    Then just drop a spoonful on a wax paper or spray a cookie sheet and a few mins in the fridge they are great!
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have a recipe called NO-BAKE SNAKES. They sound pretty healthy. In a med. saucepan melt 1/2 stick butter with 1/4cup peanut butter. Low heat, use a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup honey and 1tsp vanilla. Sir in 11/2 cups quick cooking rolled oats, 1/2cup wheat germ, 1/3cup nonfat dry milk powder, 2T unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1/8tsp ground cinnamon. Then shape the mixture into ropes about 1/2 inch thick and as long as you want. On a piece of wax paper you can roll them in nuts, coconut, or sesame seeds. Place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet and chill in refrigerator for two hours or until firm. Makes 72inches of snake.
    tolliver

Answer by tolliver at 10:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• okay I was missing the cocoa but I made puppy chow without the powdered sugar. It will satisfy. Thanks ladies! hope i didnt tempt you. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Get the premade dough
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• you could make a trail mix using the peanut butter and oatmeal as kind of a paste that would be yummy. Add maybe almonds with the choc chips and pretzel bits raisins etc.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• When I was little my dad made this for me. Oatmeal-raw, PB, honey. mix together, add peanuts raisin, &/ or chocolate chips, whatever. We usually ate it w/ just oatmeal, PB and honey. Quick & easy and fairly good for you too.
    BriNiMom

Answer by BriNiMom at 5:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009