Got married at 20 now 48. I would not marry him again

He is crankie most of the time and I have had issues with him and the kids. yelling slaming doors etc.All older2 boys 1 girl. I really just don't like him that much. He trys to set "dates" for us to go out or "talk" but I am not really interested.We haven't had sex in a while and when we do he never comes.He says he is trying to please me and is happy.He has given me books on being a dominatrix with him but again more work.
Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• Sounds like mid-life crisis to me - get some counseling. It sounds like he is really trying. If you really feel this way, please be honest with him. Maybe he is cranky because he knows something is wrong and you arent interested?
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Being a dom is fun and part of the fun is that you do NOT have to work. You command him to do all the work. I think if you try it you will find you can take a lot of your frustrations out that way. Two years ago I wouldn't have thought about doing it but someone asked me to check into it. I did. I tried it. I'm hooked. Just give it a whirl. What do you have to lose? You are in control. It's a powerful feeling. Now if I could find a Xena Princess Warrior Outfit in xl! Woo Hoo!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Try counseling. The whole "DOM" thing to me sounds sick and a really good way to build a very shallow marriage.........

Deep connections to another human being is what is the reward of a great marriage---not "playing" sex games.
    Anonymous