Single Mom housing question?

Has anyone ever heard of an assistance program for single mothers that helps pay for rent or housing?

Or anything of that sort... Thanks!! :-)

Alioop0324

Asked by Alioop0324 at 10:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Relationships

• In IL they have what is called the Homeless Prevention Program, they help pay for rent, utilities and security deposit to help get you housing. You can only use it once during a 12 month period. My suggestion is to google that and your state and see if you find anything.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• it depends on where you are. I know around here various indian tribes help out but there isnt any government help.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• i got on low housing its a government agency for all low income people. i'm not sure of any other programs that are specific to single moms
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• There is assistance for single moms who are unemployed but if you make any more than some obsurdly low amount of money per year than you don't qualify. I am having the same problem so I feel for you. I recently put a listing on craigslist looking for another single mother in my situation to room up with. So far, no luck, but my thought was that if a couple of single moms worked together, they could really help each other out. Let me know if you find any assistance that I haven't come across.
    nicho

Answer by nicho at 10:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Section 8 housing goes by your income. You can look online for it in your state.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• yes, but some states have a long waiting list unless u qualify for certain things. check out the section 8 housing. call wyca they will have some info on it ( the shelters) or google it. i know in texas there is a 2 yr waiting list.
    jsalazar_rules

Answer by jsalazar_rules at 11:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Welfare department or house authority can help you out. I would start there.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2009