Have you ever ran over something with your vehicle and really feel bad?

Well my SIL has and shes more like...oh well it shouldn't have gotten in the way...(ruthless)
I know my dh is that way too it has never happened but I picture him saying this too :(

I LOVE ALL CREATURES!!!

The other day I was driving down the feeder and I hit a beautiful butterfly :( it flew in my path.
This morning I backed up to drop the kids off to school only to come back and found a squashed frog in my driveway :(
One day my brother (lives in another state) ran over a turtle it was in the garage :(

I know it's part of life but for some strange reason I'm weird this way :/ but of course I move onjustlike
everything else.
Thanks for listening :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Nov. 15, 2011 in Pets

• I always feel bad about it, at least for a little while.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:11 AM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I hit a bird once and cried.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:14 AM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I haven't hit anything yet *crosses fingers*. I would be in a puddle of tears for the rest of the day.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I had a bird run into the front of my car while I was driving down the road.

I also ran over a kitten many years ago. Unfortunately it was dark and the kitten was all black.

I always feel terrible when something like this occurs. I feel guilty like I should have been able to prevent it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:20 AM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I've run over chipmunks and squirrels and for some reason, I always get an 'Oh shit, I hope nobody saw that' sort of guilt trip.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 9:58 AM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I ran over dh dog that he had for 10 years. Dh was cutting grass and asked me to move the cars. The dog was laying behind the wheel and I didn't know. I backed right over him. I still to this day don't know why he just layed there and didn't move when I cranked the car. I felt horrible about it though. He was a really good dog!
    lucyloo1776

Answer by lucyloo1776 at 10:55 AM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I swerve the car to not hit a wooly-worm in the road, so yeah, I definitely feel bad hitting anything.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:10 AM on Nov. 15, 2011

• I feel bad if I hit an animal too =( I have hit a bird, a rabbit, and a deer...I cried all three times. I have even stopped in the middle of the road to move a turtle out of the way so it wouldn't get run over...twice.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 12:08 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• Yes, more than once.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:14 PM on Nov. 15, 2011

• Insects, not so much! The first animal I ever hit with my car was a squirrel and, YES, I cried! I've hit a couple of birds, too, and although I felt bad, I didn't cry.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 2:11 PM on Nov. 15, 2011