• In the Spotlight:

suggestions

What kinds of activities does everyone do with their 4 month old? I am having a difficult time. We read books, watch baby einstein, have tummy time, play in the swing, playpen, floor time, etc. She still seems bored.

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 10:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Singing and dancing
    Samantha19

Answer by Samantha19 at 10:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Kenzie loved walking around holding our hands. She wanted to see everything all the time! Downsides: it took up a LOT of time, she learned to stand/walk VERY early, and now I can't keep her out of things!
    Live4HerSmile

Answer by Live4HerSmile at 10:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• My little one absolutely loved going out of the house, especially for walks in her stroller, shopping, parks, anywhere new. I'm from a warmer climate, don't know if it is feasable for you yet. She also always loved sitting in front of the mirror. I read a lot, sang to her, made funny faces, tickled her, talked to her constantly, etc.

We decided no TV or videos for our little one until she's at least 1 or 2, only because someone pointed us to some research. I don't have it off hand, but look into it. It's not the end of the world or anything, but it has been correlated heavily with ADHD since things happen so fast on TV and they cannot process it yet. Just thought I'd throw it out there since I had no idea until someone told me. Best of luck and it sounds like you're doing a great job!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 10:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• my daughter actually loved shopping, lol. it was around easter, and since she was born in dec... i want to kinda make it another holiday for her to be able to open presents... so yeah, she loved picking out stuff for herself. lol. it was too cute. I also did exercises with her... I read a book that showed ways to exercise in ways that interact with your baby... it was fun, and health for mommy too :). e-mail me and I will try to get you a site if you are interested.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:29 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• Lay her on the floor with toys a little bit away from her and see if she goes fro them. If so, time to get out the super sauser or just let her do what she wants. If she wants it bad enough she will crawl towards it. Also, embrace new things to her like, cardboard blocks and toys that are over her age limit that will entice her to learn faster.
    Cassidynb

Answer by Cassidynb at 2:07 AM on Jan. 8, 2009