semen vs orgasm

So i was wondering i hear semen can ripen a cervix and orgasm can as well....but which is more effective?

babybump3166

Asked by babybump3166 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've only ever heard that semen can stimulate labor. But hey, both can't hurt! I've even heard that women that are pretty far along shouldn't have foot massages since it'll relax them so much! So break out the foot lotion, then have sex! Three different ways to get it going! LOL! My one piece of advice is NOT to try castor oil. It can end up making you have diarrhea.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 11:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I don't know which is more "powerful" Why not just get both while you are at it, and save the trouble. LOL
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• im not able to orgasm from intercourse alone
    babybump3166

Answer by babybump3166 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I've never heard that an orgasm does. My doctor just told me about the semen, so I'm guessing the semen.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Semen can ripen a ready cervix...orgasm can cause contractions if all is ready to go
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I was under the impression that there is an "ingredient" in semen that causes a womans body to contract.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• semen contains a compound that can soften a cervix and an orgasm causes the uterus to contract. neither are effective if your body is not ready for labor.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• those chemicals are called prostaglandins lol..
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• the dr will tell you to go and have sex and yes, the orgasm only causes contractions and yes the semen softens the cervix. but like all the other ladies are saying, none of it will work if your baby's not ready to come!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:14 AM on Jan. 8, 2009