If you've had your gallbladdar removed....

I had mine removed over 10 yrs ago.

For about 2 yrs prior, I'd feel an ache under my ribcage when I stretched, but didn't think too much about it. When they did my 20 wk ultrasound with my first pregnancy, they found I need to have it out... which I did about a month after he was born.

This same ache in the same place has recently returned --- again, when I stretch (when I lie on my back and have my right leg in a straight-raise). I'm not sure what it could be. It has never bothered me in all these in-between years, stretching or not. I'm about 20-25 lbs heavier now than 10 yrs ago... not sure if that extra baggage could just be pressing on the clamp or what.

I don't have any other aches/pains in that area --- only when I do that one stretch, and only in that one spot.

Anyone else ever heard of/have this?

Laura1229

Asked by Laura1229 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in Health

• My pains have never returned. I haven't heard of anything like that either. Are you sure you didn't pull a muscle or something? I don't know I think I would have it checked out if it didn't get to feeling better soon. Sorry I wasn't much help.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• The thing is u never feel normal again afterwards. It happens to me too.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 10:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• It is possible to still produce stones without a gallbladder. I had to have an ERCP 2 years ago after severe pain and being hospitalized for pancreatitis and an inflamed liver...turned out that I had 3 stones in the common bile duct, they were not even able to see them by ultrasound because of where they were. Let me tell you that pain was soooooo much worse than when I had a gallbladder full of stones. They did the ERCP, took those suckers out and it took while for my labs to go back to normal but I was well enough to be released 3 days later.

I do know many who have had all kinds of wierd issues and pains though after having it out without their being any new stones in the common bile duct.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 10:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I had a problem with my bile ducts after I had mine out.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I still get random pains too. My husband had his out a month after me and he will get the pains around the same time as I do. I think sometimes its something we ate thats irratating the bile duct or something?

Sometimes it feels like something stabbed or bit me and I imagine thats the clamp rubbing something because I stretched or moved in a quick or strange way
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I've never had any problems since having mine removed..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2009