Does any one like the Depo Shot??

I'm on it...but i heard when u stop using it you'll have a period for like months!...

nicole0709442

Asked by nicole0709442 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in About CafeMom

• i had the depo shot since i was 17 and i stpped taken it 5 years after and i had mine for 2 weeks and then was on it for 7 more years and then stopped it to get preggo with my son.... and i had it for a week in a half... most people i know have it for about 1 to 3 weeks after stopping it but its only heave for about a week and then u can just wear a liner...
    Anonymous

• i do not care for it it messed me up bad i was told i could not have children because it messed up my cycle i got lucky my girl is my 1 in a million and she fixed my cycles too lol
    lynnspink

Answer by lynnspink at 11:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I dont. It gave me my period for weeks on end and i was on it on two different occasions once before and once after my daughters birth. It also made me moody, I always cried and felt bad or like something was wrong. Almost like I was depressed but it was all caused by the shot. I have the mirena now and i prefer it over everything.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• it was fine for me as far as not getting preggy. i also didn't get my period for like 5 yrs. BUT i suggest u do some research on it cuz i read that u will have a higher chance of bone diseases such as osteoporosis. read some real horror stories of women on it for a long time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• i think i am having health problems because of it. it is inter muscular and they don't tell that it has long term effect on your muscles in the hip. it was a good birth control and i didn't have any problem with getting pregnant off of it for two months and reg period and preg in 6mths. but i would not ever use again or recommend. unfortunately, there is no perfect birth control.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 8:45 AM on Jan. 8, 2009

• I was on Depo for 10 years. I stopped getting it In July of '07 got pregnanat in Aug of '07 and had Carmela in May of '08. I'm back on it & I love it...always have!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 10:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2009