will my family doctor see my 1yr old?

My daughter just turned 1 today and has been sick for a couple of days. Well we decided to take her to the doctor, but our insurance was canceled when my hubby was laid off and we are still waiting for our Cobra to start. The pediatrician said it would be $130 for them to see her without insurance, but the family doctor my hubby and I go to is only $56. So we made an appointment with the family doctor. But when my hubby made the appointment he just said it was his daughter did not give her age or anything. So do we need to worry about the family doctor not seeing her because she is only 1, or do you think we will be ok?

I believe she has an ear infection and possible strep throat, nothing real outrageous or anything, but of course we are not sure.

Thanks :)

soccerchik8287

Asked by soccerchik8287 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009 in General Parenting

• yes! he will see her... i'm 99.9 $% sure of it! i work for a large family practice dr's ofice and he see's our whole family! when my 5 month old was born he came to the hospital every morning to examine him! I love it.. all 4 dr's in the practice see children adn adults of all ages...
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 10:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Is the doctor a general practitioner? What are the ages he handles. If worse comes to worse, he may refer you to a pediatrician.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• All I know is he is a family practice physician
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• how soon is your appointment? If it's not for a few days and you think she has an ear infection I would take her to the ER! I know the one in our town has a reduced rate for people with no insurance and you can fill out a form to get it reduced even more. Pretty much based on your income. i would deff take her in though. an ear infection is pretty serious in my book.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 11:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• thank you everyone they did see her, she has what is equivilant to an adult sinus infection. he saw her and gave us his free samples and perscribed antibiotics we can get for free at publix for her :)
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 8, 2009